Friday, January 31, 2014

I'll never learn

You know? When I laid my eyes on you for the first time, I was in awe of your beauty.
I never thought you would become my world.

But the words faltered me and I cowered away, afraid of your rejection,
unaware that you felt the same passion towards me.

How happy would I have been if only I'd had the valor to face you.

Why didn't I say how much you meant to me? how much I loved you?
Maybe the story would have ended differently.

Now that I see you walking along, holding someone else's hand,
I fantasize that is me the one beside you.

Ironic as it might be, I was the one who facilitated the union between the two of you.
Stupidity filled my head and I pushed you away.

I took you for granted. I made mistakes that according to me were not a big deal.

I moved into a fantasy world created by me. And guess what? It wasn't real!
I played the wrong tune and didn't hit the high notes like I should have had.

My stupid pride made me loose you.
I'll never learn...

I'll never learn...

www.amazon.com/dp/b00b97j62q

No comments:

Post a Comment