Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Read it, act it... feel it... hopefully.

(Resting forehead on left hand)

I hear people talk... (eyes closed)

I hear, but I'm not listening.
All there is, is... static... white noise.
I'm out there, but I'm nowhere to be found... I'm lost. Come find me! (hand reaching out)
I'm begging you, can you not see me? can you not hear me? (head tilted right)

(Eyes looking down)
My soul find itself alone in the bottomless darkness of your eyes.
Open them!!! (frown)
Let the light in. (Now looking up intensely staring)

How do you expect me to stay if you keep me alienated? 
Don't you see my pain? (teary eyes)

(Looking up)
Stop for a moment and think! Think about what you are doing... (tears roll down)
you are destroying me, and I'm fading away... away from you.

That's what I'm now, a shadow of what I used to be. A story read so long ago that no one is interested in hearing it anymore.

(Looking down)
I'm done... and I don't want to be.
Please help me now... don't wait any longer.

(Forehead resting on left hand...)

No comments:

Post a Comment