Friday, March 28, 2014

Giving up. Poem


From all the heartaches I have endured, my soul was crippled, could feel no more.

Moments of... moments of cold.
Walking along a lost, abandoned trail.

Abandoned I was, forgotten from it all.
There were tears no more, the heart had no blood, I had seen it all.

Like a puppet on strings, I moved along to the rhythm of a tune.

Giving up was never an option, but the battle was brutal. From time to time I thought whether I should continue... but giving up was not an option.

I walked through the treacherous path I had been put on by life, stumbled and fell and then... then I saw them... the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen... and they were looking in my direction.

They were almost smiling, and when they met my eyes I closed them, to keep them from seeing inside my broken soul.

I fought them to death, because that was all I knew. I shut them down, I pushed them away. But they stood their ground because giving up was not an option.

After my rejection they stuck around and reached out to me for no apparent reason, I had nothing to offer but they did... and they did. They offered me peace and redemption, they offered me the one thing I didn't have... love...

Now they're mine to keep, forever. I see that in the promise every time they look my way... because giving up was never an option.

(Standing alone poem)

www.amazon.com/dp/b00b97j62q


No comments:

Post a Comment