Monday, March 17, 2014

Chain blog

I got the invitation to participate in this "chain blog" from the lovely Stephanie Collier. She was gracious enough to include me in this adventure even though I'm fairly new to the writing world.

But opportunities like this one are in my opinion, great ways to interact and meet new people.

I love connecting with people from all over the world and this right here, is just another opportunity to do so.
So without further to do, here's a bit of Stephanie Collier.

Stephanie Collier is an author of Gothic Romance stories with endings that tend to be bittersweet. Her debut novel, The Blood of the Black Rose, releases in February, 2014.
She has always immersed herself in other worlds created by talented minds and her love of beautifully crafted words made her branch out at a young age, dreaming up new characters and worlds of her own.
Stephanie currently in resides in Missouri with her loving, supportive husband and amazingly talented four children.


Now a little bit about me. (Talking on 3rd person but don't know why.)

Verónica Brannon loves to read and write contemporary romance. She loves the happily ever after end in a story and wishes that would also apply to the real world, but knows that the real world is not a fairy tale.
Her first book is Tied up Heart and it's available on Kindle.

She's fairly new to the writing world but enjoys ever aspect of it. She speaks Spanish and English, and is in the process of translating her novel into Spanish.  She's originally from the west coast of México but resides in Tennessee since 1996. She is married and has one daughter.

You can also find Verónica on



Now for those questions, a few short answers.

What am I working on?

I'm working on my 2nd novel. It's of course in the Contemporary romance genre (my favorite,) and I'm getting closer to the end of it with every passing minute. (Super excited!!)

How does my work differ from others in its genre?

Honestly, I have no clue. All I know is that I like to write what appeals to me. Even though my genre is romance, I like to add as much drama and heartache as I possibly can to my stories. I love the cat and mouse chase in a story. Some other authors write at a faster pace, I like to take my time and try to take it slow.

Why do I write what I do?

I write because I like it. I love imagining scenarios and situations that have romance written all over. I live for that. Hence the Twitter self title "Day dreamer". I know I need to wake up but it won't be today.

How does my writing process work?

There's a process? Oops! I didn't know that.
Well, my "process" works for me, perhaps strangely for some, to say the least.
I don't do the pen and paper... (sorry) I blame the modern technology but my smartphone is my salvation.  I start typing and the story begins to develop from there. I don't start with a certain idea of what's going to be, the story changes as I go. Usually the 1st chapter never ends up being the 1st chapter because I'll come back and add more to it.

(I only have one book published but I have 2 more in the back burner aside from the current WIP.)

I go back and forth adding more in between. By the time I'm "done" with it, I have the darn thing memorized to the point that I'm sick of it but at the same time completely in love with it, and excited to see it fly out the door for the whole world to read. *Okay, I'm being a bit hopeful here but it's valid, isn't?*

I don't like to send chapters out to be read, I like to "finish" the story so my beta readers can get the whole tamale. Again that's the way it works for me.

And that's all for now! Are you ready to be passed on to some more talented amazing authors? Tune in next to get up close and personal with *drumroll please* ...



A dear friend and an excellent writer J. D. Estrada.

J. D. Estrada was born, bred and raised in Puerto Rico. Throughout his life, he’s often been fascinated by connecting with other people and that human aspect of our relationships. As a kid, he dreamt of inventing stuff... he just never knew he’d end up doing it using words.

He feels most at home sliding on a wave on his bodyboard, strumming his guitar, reading a fascinating book and writing. Married, the youngest of three brothers and a devoted son, he has a passion to write, and he’s just getting started.

His book Only Human is available on Amazon 
It is a very entertaining and interesting story not just about vampires but also about an Only Human. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well written story. I read it, you should too!

You can also connect with him on Twitter
Where you will be able to enjoy good tweets

And on G+
Where you will find all sorts of great poetry and comments, and short stories. You won't be disappointed. 



Another good friend and talented writer is Arlene Valle

Arlene Valle is Canadian living in Ohio. Her first romance novel "ARRANGED" takes place on Isla Margarita, Venezuela. It is available on Amazon, Barnes&Noble and Kobo.

Connect with Arlene on:

I'm currently reading her book so I won't spoil it for you, but the story is HOT! If you like a steamy romance with a twist, this is the book for you. What are you waiting for? Go check it out!!

I hope you guys connect with these awesome people, you will have a great time getting to know them. Stop by to say hi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment