Saturday, October 19, 2013

Road trip

I took a road trip last week. I went to the West Coast.

Okay, it was a one way road trip because I flew one way.

Starting with how interesting it is to watch people, first at the airport. One gets to see people and hear conversations that are from interesting to funny to plain stupid. Hey, not judging, just observing!

I flew to Las Vegas to meet my husband and daughter who drove over there few days earlier.


That place is glittery.  Lights, shows, people from everywhere speaking all kinds of languages; it is really FASCINATING! But that place is not for kids, there are way too many things that are not appropriate for minors, including, but not limited to girls walking around practically naked. Sure they are working and that's okay but... party place, not family oriented. Good thing my kid is almost 16 so not too concerned with what was on display for everyone to see. It was funny to see the faces she made when she saw all those strange looking people walking around.

Another thing, Las Vegas is extremely expensive. From having a meal at Bubba Gump's that at a different locations I've paid a third less, same food and all, same amount of people (3), there it was $170.00., to paying $9.00 for a scoop of Ben & Jerry's ice cream  (one scoop!) a bit TOO EXTREME! but it was delicious!

Then... from there we drove to Long Beach, CA.,BEAUTIFUL PLACE (I want to move there, lol) Maybe it was out of season, but the ambience there was just relaxing. I'm sure that at the peak of season it must be a busy place.


We had a great meal at a restaurant called Tequila Jack's, it is a Mexican restaurant and the food was amazing even though the music that was playing over the sound system was Salsa and that's Caribean music, kind of odd but it was nice; oh, and the price of the food was way more affordable. (I liked that) So totally recommend you visit that place if you are ever there.

After we left we drove to the Grand Canyon.

My God! it is GRAND! I loved it. I must return with more time to explore, I would love to do some trail walking and that kind of stuff.

I must say driving across country it is a pretty cool adventure, but one must allot more time for the driving, unfortunately we didn't do that and the trip was to a point rushed. :(

A great thing about it though, is that one can use all that time for reading an writing... which I did.

And after so much driving it was good to see my driveway...

my castle is still the best place in the world for this queen!

I hope you read this, get something good out of it and share it.

Until next time, see you around.
VB


No comments:

Post a Comment